A Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) is a cross-functional team within an organization that leads and governs the execution of Cloud strategies. It acts as a steering committee that brings together expertise from various business domains such as IT operations, security, finance, and procurement, with the aim of achieving a common set of objectives for Cloud computing.
The functions of a CCoE include:
- Defining Best Practices: Establishing and promoting Cloud adoption frameworks that align with the organization’s goals, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Establish Clear Goals And Executive Support: Define the CCoE’s mission with objectives that align with the business’ strategic priorities. Ensure executive sponsorship to provide the CCoE with the necessary authority and backing.
- Assemble A Diverse Team: Form a CCoE with a mix of roles from IT, security, finance, and other relevant departments to ensure a holistic approach to Cloud governance and management.
- Develop Governance And Best Practices: Set up governance structures with policies for Cloud usage that ensure risk management and compliance while supporting innovation and agility.
- Cultivate Cloud Expertise: Invest in the CCoE team’s growth with ongoing training in Cloud technologies and best practices to keep the team adept and informed about the latest developments.
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Regularly evaluate the performance of the CCoE against the organization’s Cloud objectives and adjust strategies as needed to adapt to the evolving cloud landscape.
This Member-contributed document from the NOREX Resource Library presents an in-depth look at the “goals, challenges and lessons learned from building a Cloud Center of Excellence.” It’s just one of thousands of documents created by NOREX Members to help peers thrive. Get complete access to our Resource Library when you join NOREX today!