A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for maintaining an organization’s database systems. They ensure the availability, integrity, and security of all data stored in any database under their purview. This is a mission-critical position for many organizations and hiring one can be a challenge. That’s why NOREX Members have created documents like this that allow hiring managers and human resources professionals to more quickly create a job description that helps your organization find the best qualified applicants.
A DBA (database administrator) is likely to be responsible for:
- Installing, configuring, and upgrading your organization’s database software
- Creating and managing user accounts and permissions
- Monitoring performance and tuning for optimal database speed and efficiency
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with the database system
- Creating and maintaining periodic backups
- Drafting and executing disaster recovery plans
- Developing and implementing security protocols
- Collaborating with other IT professionals to ensure seamless integration and functionality with other systems.
This database administrator job description template is easy to modify to better meet your organization’s needs. To access this and the 2500+ other documents in our Resource Library, join NOREX today!